Have you ever asked yourself how much money you could make in a year by simply picking up coins that you find on the ground? No? Well I started thinking about this after I saw a €0.05 coin on the ground today and thought it would make for an interesting experiment to see how much money I can collect by picking up every single coin I find on the ground for a year. Just like with anything else in life a project like this require strict rules to prevent myself from cheating so I put together a list of basic rules for this project.
- Both coins and bills are fair game if found.
- Only money found will count towards this experiment. That means any money I steal from fountains, tip jars and street performers will not count.
- I’m not allowed to go out actively looking for money on the ground. They have to be found while out in everyday life situations.
- Money found in vending machines or trollies at the super market WILL count towards this experiment.
- Only Euro coins count, other currencies do NOT count.
I think the rules and regulations above should be sufficient to cover any type of cheating. Since I found €0.05 today I think it’s a good day to kick start this project.
Day 1 of The Coin Project
Money Found: €0.05
Amount Found in Total: €0.05